Contemporary biological science research and education has taken a multidisciplinary approach entailing inputs from the diverse disciplines of mathematical, physical, pharmaceutical, and medical sciences and the applications of informatics to the field of biology. Rapid technological advances in the past two decades have led to the generation of colossal amount of biological data and created a plethora of opportunities for the incorporation of data driven approaches in life science research. Bioinformatics research is poised to become one of the fastest emerging markets in India.
The PG Diploma in Bioinformatics is an opportunity for the learners to acquire a range of skill levels at the intersection of computational science and biology and become assets to industries as well as research and development in the field of Applied biology.
• Data driven biology research modules on bioinformatic tools, biostatistics and programming
• Experts from Academia, Reputed National Research Institutes, and Industry.
• Machine Learning Skill Development in collaboration with TrakLabs (Microsoft Partner
• Rigorous, Learner centric blended approach in imparting basic to advanced training
• Problem based Learning approach integrated into practical sessions
• Interactive sessions – Webinars and Workshops with eminent experts and scientists in the field
Duration of the Course
July 2021 to April 2022 (3 days/week- 3hours/day) -Online mode (Fri-Sun)
BSc/MSc (degree holders) /MSc (ongoing)- specialization in Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Life science/Botany/Zoology)/BTech/MTech/BPharm/ MPharm
Number of seats – 30
Online Application form link:
Rs 500/- (Payable via NEFTdetails available on the link)
• Biological databases
• Structural bioinformatics
• Drug designing
• Next generation sequencing
• Omics Biology
• Machine learning