Project BookPecker is looking for social-minded individuals to join a global network of emerging impact leaders working towards deepening the roots of education.
About the PeaceX BookPecker Fellowship
Project BookPecker aims to expand the frontiers of literacy across socio-economic divisions and rethink pedagogy. Project BookPecker fellows are brilliant, astute individuals with a certain inclination towards the field of curriculum development, teaching, and educational management.
From a veritable diversity of professional backgrounds and walks of life, our fellows channelise their collective energies to ideate approaches to topic areas, enhance current instructional methods, create bite-sized audiovisual modules, conduct sessions for students, and contribute towards the digitalisation of education.
How does it work?
Project BookPecker works on creating curriculum on both avant-garde subjects conceptualised by the BookPecker team and conventional academic subjects found in curriculum standards and boards worldwide. These subjects include:
- Social Science
- Basic Legal & Human Rights
- Innovation & Extra-curricular Studies
- Sustainable Development Studies
- Life Skills
- Special Education Needs
- Happiness Curriculum & Mental Health
- Cognitive Concepts
- Health & Hygiene
- Menstrual Health
- Computer Literacy
- Pursuing/completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in any field
- Be above 18 years old at the time of application
- Be available for a part-time, remote opportunity
- Be available to commit at least 12-16 voluntary hours per week
- People from all countries are encouraged to apply
- Drafting, editing, and proofreading content
- A suitable command of word processing tools (MS Word, Google Docs, etc.) and spreadsheet software (MS Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Comprehend, teach, and ideate about different topic areas
- Basic understanding of illustration and designing techniques and tools
- Proficiency in English
- Create audiovisual and textual teaching material and academic modules
- Conduct sessions on various subject areas
- Ideate on novel academic activities, exercises, and evaluation methods
- Coordinate with Curriculum Development coordinators and other fellows to create curriculum content
- Ascertain consistency in content structure, linguistic elements, and design language for the content you create
- Devise and research relevant instructional methods and technologies
- Participate in sessions with guest trainers and instructors
- Organise advocacy activities and events for BookPecker beneficiaries and the general audience alike
- Advocate for educational equity and initiatives aiming for it, including Project BookPecker
6 Months (12-16 voluntary hours per week)
Remote, Work from Home
- Opportunity to work on a project that will impact a large number of underprivileged communities by contributing towards reducing the digital divide
- Opportunity to attend a host of capacity-building and skill development sessions conducted by leading teachers, leaders from grassroots initiatives, and personal development instructors
- Get experience on curriculum development, teaching, and an array of digital tools
- Certificate upon successful completion of the fellowship
- Letter of Recommendation from the founders of PeaceX
- Candidates who are interested can fill the application form by clicking here.
- The interview shall be conducted for shortlisted candidates
- The training sessions will be provided to the selected candidates.
Note: The Training session will be conducted by Teachers and Academicians with years of experience in the education sector. Workshops on Child psychology, Teaching methods, subject-specific discussions, etc. will be held during the fellowship and certificates will be given for the same.