Applications are invited for Teach for India Fellowship 2022-24.
About Teach for India Fellowship
The Teach For India Fellowship program is an opportunity for India’s brightest and most promising individuals , from the nation’s best universities and workplaces, to serve as full-time teachers to children from underserved communities in some of the nation’s most under-resourced schools.
Through this experience of teaching in classrooms and working with key education stakeholders like students, principals and parents, our Fellows get exposed to the grassroot realities of India’s education system and begin to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and mindsets necessary to attain positions of leadership in education and identify their role in building a wider movement for educational equity in the country.
Our Fellows transform the life paths of children in their classroom, and in turn, transform themselves towards leadership in educational equity. Our Fellows are placed as full-time teachers, for 2 years, in government or low-income private schools. They teach English, Mathematics, Science and Social Students, in English, across Grades 1 to 10. Teach For India Fellows teach in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Pune.
- Minimum Qualification: You must have completed all coursework required for your undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree equivalent) from an accredited college or university by the last week of May 2022. Your degree transcripts (graduate/postgraduate certificates) will be reviewed before an admission decision can be taken. Applicants must also pass any coursework indicated in their transcripts at the time of the interview.
- Nationality: You should be either an Indian citizen or a foreign national of Indian origin. Foreign citizens who are not of Indian origin are not eligible to apply.
- Commitment and Location: The Fellowship is a 2-year, full-time, paid commitment to teaching and living in one of our placement cities (Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune) starting May/June 2022. Fellows will be full-time staff members of the schools in which they are placed and will work stipulated school hours six days a week as well as attending training and support sessions as per city requirements.
- English Fluency: You should be fluent in the English language, as Teach For India Fellows will be placed in English-medium classrooms and will be expected to teach in and attend training sessions conducted in English.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply for Teach For India Fellowship.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online via this link.
Based on the date that the application form is submitted, you will be a part of one of our application rounds. An applicant can apply only once during each selection cycle. Hence, be sure that you submit your best and also complete the online test within 72 hours of submitting the form.
Our application deadlines for the 2022 Fellowship along with the outcome dates for each are:
- Round 1: Deadline Date: 19th September 2021 & Application outcome date: 1st October 2021
- Round 2: Deadline Date: 28th November 2021 & Application outcome date: 9th December 2021
- Round 3: Deadline Date: 6th February 2022 & Application outcome date: 17th February 2022
Stage 1: Your application will help us understand your experiences, your motivations to join Teach For India and why you would be a strong fit for the Fellowship.
Your application includes a 1-hour online test, which focuses on your situational judgement and English language abilities. This must be completed within 3 days or 72 hours after you submit the application form. Your application will be considered complete only after you submit the test.
Stage 2: After we have reviewed your application form and AMCAT test results, we may have some additional questions for you. If so, you will be invited to attend a 30-minute phone interview. We will ask follow-up questions to gather further information that will be helpful in our evaluation.
Stage 3: If successful in your Application or Phone Interview, we will invite you to the Assessment Centre, which is the final stage of our selection process. Here, you will teach a 5-minute lesson, take part in a group activity and complete a short problem-solving activity. Once you clear these activities, you will be invited to an hour-long personal interview with one of Teach For India’s community members.
Teach for India 2022 Fellowship Amount
Teach For India Fellows will be paid a salary of Rs. 20,412 per month. If required to relocate from their home city, Fellows will be given a housing allowance ranging from Rs. 5,300 to Rs. 10,000, depending on the city in which they will stay. In addition, Fellows will receive an allowance for school supplies.