Applications are invited for the Summer Training Programme in Environmental Epigenetics by ICMR-NIREH, Bhopal.
About the Programme
The Summer Training Programme in Environmental Epigenetics is a two weeks long hands-on training course offered by the ICMR-National Institute for Research in Environmental Health (ICMR-NIREH), Bhopal. Participants of this programme will experience the excitement of working in a unique academic ambience apt for cutting-edge scientific discourse.
During this programme greater emphasis will be laid on the fundamental wet-lab tools and techniques relevant to environmental epigenetics.
No. of Seats
Only 10 (ten) students will be admitted to the course.
Basic and advanced techniques pertaining to the field of environmental epigenetics shall be covered:
- Isolation of DNA, RNA & Proteins
- PCR and Reverse Transcriptase PCR
- Agarose Gel Electrophoresis
- Real Time PCR
- Multiplex RT-RT PCR
- SDS-PAGE & Western Blot Analysis
- Double Sandwich ELISA
- Isolation & Characterization of Mitochondrial (mt) DNA and mtDNA Mutation Analysis
- Mitochondrial Integrated Stress Response Analysis
- Methylation-Specific PCR
- Histone Methylation Arrays
- MicroRNA Characterization
- lncRNA Isolation & Identification
- RNA Methylation Analysis
- mtDNA Methylation Analysis
- Isolation & Culture of Peripheral Immune Cells
- Immune-Subset Enumeration
- Isolation and Characterization of Circulating Epigenomic Signatures and Point-of-Care Detection Assays
Students pursuing post-graduate courses in biological sciences, pharmaceutical sciences and medical sciences are encouraged to apply.
The procedure of screening and selection will be based upon academic credentials only. The list of selected candidates will be posted at institute’s website on 24 June, 2021.
The registration fee of the course is Rs. 10000/- only. No lodging/boarding shall be provided and the participants shall have to make their own arrangements for the same.
How to Apply?
- Applications on plain paper (specifying e-mail id and mobile contact number) along with self-attested copies of mark-sheets and certificates must reach to the “Course Coordinator, ICMR – National Institute for Research in Environmental Health, Bhopal Bypass Road, Bhauri, Bhopal – 462 030 (MP), India” on or before 21 June, 2021.
- For Application, use the prescribed format and send through Speed Post only.