SBI Youth for India is a rural fellowship programme initiated by the State Bank of India, funded and managed by the SBI Foundation in partnership with reputed NGOs. It seeks to address rural India’s most pressing problems by:
- Providing educated Indian youth with an opportunity to touch lives and create positive change at the grass root level in rural India.
- Providing NGOs working on development projects in rural India with educated manpower whose skill sets can be used to catalyze rural development.
- Promoting a forum for the Programme alumni to share ideas and contribute to rural development throughout their professional life.
- A highly motivated graduate/bachelor’s degree holder from any discipline or stream
- Aged between 21 and 32 as on the date of commencement of the programme
- Indian citizen/OCI Candidate
- A team player with a proactive approach and strong leadership skills
- People-oriented as you will be interacting with rural communities constantly
- Willing to commit to a 13-month long rural fellowship programme and adapt to life in challenging rural conditions.
- On successful completion, the Fellow receives a readjustment allowance of Rs. 50,000 and a certificate of completion from SBI Foundation
- Our Fellows also gain access to a vibrant ecosystem comprising our Alumni, partners and other relevant organizations in the social sector. This ecosystem can be leveraged to explore opportunities or other meaningful engagements/collaborations.
Interested and eligible candidates can register via this page.
- Stage – 1 (Preliminary Application)
Applicants can begin the first stage of the application process by sharing a few basic details in the preliminary application form. In this stage, the candidates are required to share their basic details like professional background, academic details, etc.
- Stage – 2 (Online Assessment)
Upon the completion of the first stage, the selected applicant will be invited for the Online Assessment Stage, where they will be required to answer in-depth essay questions, which will give us a glimpse into the applicant’s world-views, perceptions and overall approach towards the fellowship.
- Stage – 3 (Personality Assessment & Interview)
To understand certain attitudinal aspects of the potential candidates, they will be required to take the personality assessment test. Post successful completion of this test, the candidates will be invited for the final interview for an interaction with a Selection Board.