Applications are invited for Research Associate Under Govt of Karnataka Funded Project at IIM Bangalore.
About the Position
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore invites applications for a 3-month position (to be extended to a year based on performance) to work on a Government of Karnataka project (Karnataka Administrative Reforms Commission).
The objective of the project is to provide inputs on enhancing the quality of work processes in the following five field offices that directly deliver citizen services with a view to improve the speed and effectiveness of delivery as well as reducing workload on the staff working in these offices:
- Police station
- Sub-registrar’s office
- RTO Office
- Tahsildar Office
- Revenue Inspector/Nada Kacheri (Atal Janasnehi Seva Kendra)
The task is to study the working of these offices over a period of a week by visiting one or two representative offices under each category, and provide inputs on:
- The process flow of work in these offices for delivery of various services
- The work processes for internal administration
- Workload relating to field visits, internal and external meetings, phone calls and visitors
- Suggestions for better use of technology, for delegation of work , for reducing duplication and excessive paper work and thereby reduce workload on officers and staff and provide better services
- The bottlenecks, delays or problems that citizens face and strategies to ease them
- The mechanisms to deliver better and friendly services to the citizens
If interested in this position, then please email nisha.devi[at]iimb.ac.in with your CV and confirmation that you are fluent in Kannada.
An all-inclusive monthly emolument in the range of Rs.30,000 (Rupees Thirty Thousand only) to Rs.40,000 (Rupees Forty Thousand only) per month based on educational qualification and experience of the applicant.