Punjabi University, Patiala has released notification inviting applications from those interested in pursuing M.Sc Forensic Science for the academic year 2020-21.
About Punjabi University
Punjabi University, Patiala was established by Punjab Assembly and Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, the then President of India laid foundation of Punjabi University on June 24, 1962.
About Forensic Science Department
In the year 1974, M.Sc. in Forensic Science was started in the Chemistry Department of Punjabi University. Now the forensic science section has been developed into full-fledged and independent department headed by Dr. Rajinder Singh currently.
It is the oldest Forensic Science Department in Northern India and second oldest in the country.
Eligibility for M.Sc Forensic Science
B.Sc. with Chemistry as one of the major subjects for all the three years and any two of the following subjects: Anthropology/ Biochemistery/ Biotechnology/ Botany/ Genetics/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Statistics/ Zoology or B.Pharm. or B.Sc.(Forensic Science)
Rs. 13932/- for First year and Rs. 5028/- for Second year
On the basis of Merit in Qualifying class i.e B.Sc
How To Apply
Step-1:- REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- Open www.pupadmissions.ac.in
- Select the Course Category in which you seek admission. (General Courses after Graduation – Form No.1 )
- Fill the Registration Form Online – kindly fill your particulars as Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Category (SC/ST or General and all others), Mobile No., e-mail address, etc.
- Make payment using one of the following mode:
- Online Debit/Credit Card/ Net Banking
Step-2:- Fill Online Application Form
- Open www.pupadmissions.ac.in and open the Application Form by logging on Apply button in the concerned course category using your User id generated at the end of successful registration
Proceed from Registration Step.
- Fill the Application Form Online and provide information regarding your academic record, reservation category, etc.
- After completion of the Application Form click on SAVE button.
Step-3 Edit your Application Form
- The registered candidates can edit information filled by them in the Application Form for limited period using User id and password issued to them.
- Once the Application Fee payment status is confirmed you will be issued User Id and Password. The intimation about this will be made through SMS/e-mail alerts.
- Candidates making payment using Online Net Banking option or Credit/ Debit Card options will be issued User Id and Password immediately after confirmation of the payment by the gateway.
Step-4 To Print the Form
Registered candidates whose payment has been confirmed and who have successfully completed step 2, can print their application forms for their personal record, using User Id and Password.
Application Form Fee
Rs. 1000/- for General students and Rs. 700/- for Reserved category.
Want to inquire about placements at Punjabi University, Patiala, ping us in the comment box below.