Applications are invited for Punjab Good Governance Fellowship Programme 2022.
About the Fellowship
Under this fellowship, ~20 young professionals will be placed at the State Head Quarter (Chandigarh) as Governance Fellows (GF), and ~29 will be placed across the districts and in 6 Municipal Corporations as District Development Fellows (DDF) in Punjab, to bring about reforms in governance and improvement in project implementation while gaining considerable training and exposure.
ISB is the knowledge partner with the Government of Punjab for this fellowship and will lead the recruitment and capacity building of the chosen fellows. The fellows will be on the payroll of the Government of Punjab and the terms and conditions decided by the Government would apply.
Recruited fellows will earn 8 lakhs per annum. They will also get an opportunity to pursue a certificate course Understanding Public Policy in India, which is offered by ISB Executive Education.
- Post-graduation along with minimum 1 year of full-time work experience or Graduation along with minimum 3 years of full-time work experience
- Proficient in English. Knowledge of Hindi and Punjabi will be an added advantage.
- Age between 23-30 years
- Indian citizenship
A fellow’s work will also entail the following:
- Ensure smooth execution of flagship government programmes and re-engineering existing initiatives
- Facilitate coordination and dialogue between various external and internal stakeholders for inter-sectoral convergence and implementation
- Assess and evaluate the ground situation of the various programs/schemes.
- Conceptualize projects to address developmental problems
- Prepare and share regular progress monthly updates with the Department of Governance Reforms and the Lead Governance
- Research and documentation of best practices and innovations in governance
- Work closely with the Department Administrative Secretary/Directorate/ Deputy Commissioner
- Deep understanding of nuances of public administration
- Experience working on policies related to social welfare and economic development
- Develop leadership skills and effective decision-making
- Connection to a broad network of development institutions and actors
- Learn from the capacity development exercises facilitated by ISB
- Prior experience in the policy and development sector
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of data analysis skills
- Track record of initiative-taking and successful leadership roles
- Willing to travel and stay anywhere in Punjab as per the needs of the program
- Demonstrated analytical and writing skills are highly preferred
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.