The Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB) invites applications for Ph.D for the session 2021. It is a premier research organization in frontier areas of modern biology. The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high quality basic research and training in frontier areas of modern biology, and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology.
- Development Biology
- Structural Biology
- Genomics and Epigenetic Regulation
- Cell and Stem Cell Biology
- Microbes and Biology of Infection
- Wildlife Conservation and Ecology
- Crop Improvement
- Innovation & Technology Development
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in any branch of science or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Pharmacy/ Medicine are eligible to apply.
- Candidates in the final year of qualifying degree program are also eligible to apply. However, if selected, their selection will be conditional to completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria.
How to apply?
Interested candidates can register via this page.
Last date of application is 13 Nov 2020.
- Online applications will be screened and the eligible candidates will be called for a computer-based written test at one of their preferred centers among the 19 test centres across the country.
- Candidates qualifying in the written test and having a valid fellowship* for pursuing PhD will be shortlisted to appear for interview at CCMB.
* The eligible fellowships include national level fellowships (JRF/ SRF of CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship for pursuing PhD. The fellowship must be valid till the time of joining.
- Candidates with a BE/ BTech degree in Biotechnology or in any engineering discipline must have a GATE score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- BPharm degree candidates must have a GPAT score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- Candidates qualifying in both the preliminary and final interviews will be admitted into the PhD program
- After completing the admission process, students are registered in the academic program linked to the Academy of Scientific & Innovative Research (AcSIR).