Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D Programme [Regular, Sponsored, Working Professionals and Individual Fellowship (i.e. CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR/INSPIRE etc.)] of the Institute in all disciplines of Engineering, Technology, Science, Architecture & Regional Planning, Humanities & Social Sciences, Rural Development, Law, Management and Medicine.
All candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. program under the categories mentioned below shall have to possess requisite marks/grades in the qualifying degree as shown below:
Minimum 60% marks or a CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale in the qualifying examination in Engineering /Science /Commerce /Management/ Law and/or equivalent
Minimum 55% marks or a CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale in the qualifying examination in Humanities/ Social Science/ MBBS degree and/or equivalent.
M.Tech (Master of Technology) / MS / ME (Master of Engineering)/ M.Sc.(Engg.,), M. Arch./ MCP (Master of City planning) /MRP (Master of Regional Planning), M. Phil. (2 years programme), MBA / PG Diploma in Management of 2-year duration (after completion of B.Tech/M.Sc/MA/M.Com), LLM (2 years programme) after EITHER at least 5 years of integrated LLB degree after 10+2 examination OR 3 years LLB degree after 10+2+3 examination. A degree equivalent to any of the above
B.Tech. (Bachelor of Technology)/ BE (Bachelor of Engineering)/ B.Sc (Engg.), B.Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture), M.Sc. (Master of Science) / MA (Master of Arts) / M. Phil. (1 year program), MBA / PG Diploma in Management of 2-year duration (after completion of BA/B.Sc/B.Com), MBBS degree with compulsory one-year internship, 5 years (minimum) of integrated LLB degree after 10+2 examination OR 3 years LLB degree after 10+2+3 examination. A degree equivalent to any of the above.
- Commencement of Online application: October 29,2020
- Website closure for submission of online application: November 24, 2020
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of completed application (for Ph.D through Project category only) at the Academic(PGS&R) Section: November 30, 2020
- Test and/or Interview to be conducted in the respective Departments/Centres/Schools (for shortlisted candidates): December 08-15, 2020 (Tentative)
- Date of Admission: First week of January 2021 (Tentative)
How to apply?
Applicants are required to apply online. Application fee (Non-refundable) is Rs.1000/- for Unreserved/ OBC/ EWS/ Transgender candidates and Rs.500/- for SC/ ST/ PwD/ Women candidates.
- Click here to download the format of OBC-NCL certificate
- Click here to download the format of Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) certificate
- Click here to download the format of sponsorship certificate.
- Click here to download the format of NOC for working professional.