The Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB), Faridabad invites applications for the Ph.D. (Integrated) Program in Biotechnology 2021.
The PhD (Integrated) Programme (MSc-PhD Programme in Biotechnology) is offered to students with a graduate degree in any discipline of Science, Engineering or Medicine. The programme in its first year (1st and 2nd semester) provides extensive learning opportunities in the broad field of life sciences and biotechnology through rigorous classroom teaching and hands-on laboratory experiments.
- Students with 60% aggregate marks (or an equivalent grade point average) in Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science, Engineering, or Medicine are eligible to apply for admission.
- Students from the SC, ST, OBC (non-creamy layer), and PWD categories shall be given a relaxation of 5% aggregate marks.
- Students in the final year of their qualifying degree programme are also eligible to apply provided that they produce proof of having secured the required marks in their undergraduate degree programme at the time of admission to the PhD (Integrated) Programme in Biotechnology.
- Eligible students are required to appear for the Graduate Aptitude Test-Biotechnology (GAT-B).
- Shortlisted students based on their performance in the GAT-B, shall be invited for an interview and their subsequent selection to the Ph.D (Integrated) Programme in Biotechnology will be based on the performance in the interview.
- The interview is meant to assess the student for his/ her aptitude and interest in a career in scientific research and development.
The Indian and Foreign students admitted to the program shall receive the RCB /Ramachandran-DBT fellowship of Rs. 16000 per month for the first 2 years of the program, after which an Indian student is required to qualify for the junior/senior research fellowships offered by CSIR, ICMR, DBT, or other funding agencies.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The application fee of Rs. 500 may be paid online. The SC, ST, PwD, EWS, and foreign candidates are exempted from payment of the application fee. The last date of registration for Ph.D. (Integrated) Programme in Biotechnology at RCB is 07.08.2021 for the Indian and Foreign Students.