Bose Institute invites application to admit students for its Ph.D. programme , for sessions
beginning tentatively in January and July.
Online interviews for this session will be held tentatively during 1st week of April, 2021.
Broad areas of research: Atmospheric Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical
Sciences and Interdisciplinary Sciences.
Eligibility for Ph.D. Interview:
(1) Candidates should have an award of JRF (CSIR-UGC JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ DST INSPIRE/ DBT-BINC or equivalent), whose last date of validity should not be earlier than 1st July 2021. Candidates, who are in the final year of their Master’s degree and are in possession of an award of a JRF, if selected, will have to submit their final degree certificate at the time of joining.
(2) Master’s degree or equivalent in any of the following fields: Engineering/ Science/ Technology with at least 55 %of marks for general, while for SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer) / Differently abled and other categories 50% marks is necessary.
(3) Candidates who have qualified in GATE/ JEST/ JGEEBILS/ NET (LS) etc. but who do not have a valid award of JRF mentioned in (1) above or equivalent are ineligible to apply.
28 years as on the day of application and relaxation of age is applicable as per Government of India rule.
Registration for PhD Interview
- Interested candidates fulfilling required eligibility should register online at the URL.
• An online acknowledgment receipt will be generated on successful registration. Candidates should retain this receipt for future reference. Candidates must produce this acknowledgment receipt for the interview. No candidates will be entertained for the interview without this receipt.
Shortlisting for Interview
• A shortlisting will be done based on 50% weightage on past academic records and 50% weightage on SOP.
• List of shortlisted candidates, along with the date and time of interview will be displayed at the Institute website Note: Candidates applying for more than one discipline may be called for separate interviews.
• The interview will be conducted online. Specific instructions for the interview will be communicated to the candidates at a later date.
• The medium of the interviews is English.
Shortlist and selection
The shortlist of candidates selected for the interviews will be posted on the Institute website.
• It should be noted that mere appearance on the shortlist does not imply admission.
• Once the shortlist of candidates is posted on the Institute website, information on the future course of action and the timelines thereof, will be mentioned on the Institute website or will be communicated to the candidates.
• The Institute Authority reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason thereof.