Applications are invited from Indian citizens for admission to the Ph.D. program scheduled to commence from August 2021 at the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar.
- School of Biological Sciences (SBS)
- School of Chemical Sciences (SCS)
- For Biological Sciences: 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters or M. Tech or M. Pharm in any branches of Agricultural Sciences, Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmacy (any specialization), Veterinary Sciences, Computer Sciences, Bioinformatics, and Biotechnology.
- For Chemical Sciences: 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Chemistry or allied Chemistry fields. The student with a Master’s degree in any branches of Basic Sciences with an undergraduate degree in Chemistry (or chemistry as one of the subjects).
Candidates should have qualified at least one of the National Level Examinations i.e. CSIR-UGC-NET (LS or JRF) / GATE/ JEST/ GPAT/ DBT/ ICMR/ JGEEBILS or any other equivalent national level examination valid for the academic year August 2021-July 2022.
Candidates who are appearing in the final semester/ year of the qualifying examination in 2020 are also eligible to apply. However, if selected, their admission will be subject to the submission of the final semester/year result mark sheet wherein they should have obtained the requisite percentage.
The institute fellowship given by NISER is Rs. 31,000/- for the first two years, which will subsequently be enhanced to Rs. 35,000/- for the remaining three years, subject to the condition that he/ she fulfills all the requirements of the Institute that will be stipulated from time to time. Students with an external fellowship from agencies viz. CSIR, UGC, etc will be eligible to draw fellowship as per the extant rules of the respective funding agencies.
How to Apply?
- To apply online, click here.
- Candidates intending to apply for more than one school should fill up separate online application forms for each school with appropriate supporting documents.
- Two sealed letters of reference in the prescribed format with the signature of the referee on the envelope should be produced by the student at the time of the interview.
- NISER does not demand any application fee from the candidates who apply for the Ph.D. program.
- The last date to apply is May 1, 2021.
Phone Number: 0674-2494013