Project BookPecker is looking for social-minded individuals to join a global network of emerging impact leaders working towards deepening the roots of education.
About the Organization
PeaceX is an international organisation that affirms striving for positive and multifaceted development by implementing social interventions, effectuating research projects, fostering grass root-level social entrepreneurship, undertaking awareness campaigns and creating an adroit consortium of youth.
About the PeaceX BookPecker Fellowship
Project BookPecker aims to expand the frontiers of literacy across socio-economic divisions and rethink pedagogy. Project BookPecker fellows are brilliant, astute individuals with a certain inclination towards the field of curriculum development, teaching, and educational management.
From a veritable diversity of professional backgrounds and walks of life, our fellows channelise their collective energies to ideate approaches to topic areas, enhance current instructional methods, create bite-sized audiovisual modules, conduct sessions for students, and contribute towards the digitalisation of education.
How does it work?
Project BookPecker works on creating curriculum on both avant-garde subjects conceptualised by the BookPecker team and conventional academic subjects found in curriculum standards and boards worldwide. These subjects include:
- Basic Legal & Human Rights
- Sustainable Development Studies
- Life Skills
- Special Education Needs
- Happiness Curriculum & Mental Health
- Cognitive Concepts
- Health & Hygiene
- Computer Literacy
- Pursuing/completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in any field
- Be above 18 years old at the time of application
- Be available for a part-time, remote opportunity
- Be available to commit at least 12-16 voluntary hours per week
- People from all countries are encouraged to apply
- Drafting, editing, and proofreading content
- A suitable command of word processing tools (MS Word, Google Docs, etc.) and spreadsheet software (MS Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Comprehend, teach, and ideate about different topic areas
- Basic understanding of illustration and designing techniques and tools
- Proficiency in English
- Create audiovisual and textual teaching material and academic modules
- Conduct sessions on various subject areas
- Ideate on novel academic activities, exercises, and evaluation methods
- Coordinate with Curriculum Development coordinators and other fellows to create curriculum content
- Ascertain consistency in content structure, linguistic elements, and design language for the content you create
- Devise and research relevant instructional methods and technologies
- Participate in sessions with guest trainers and instructors
- Organise advocacy activities and events for BookPecker beneficiaries and the general audience alike
- Advocate for educational equity and initiatives aiming for it, including Project BookPecker
6 Months (12-16 voluntary hours per week)
Remote, Work from Home
- Opportunity to work on a project that will impact a large number of underprivileged communities by contributing towards reducing the digital divide
- Opportunity to attend a host of capacity-building and skill development sessions conducted by leading teachers, leaders from grassroots initiatives, and personal development instructors
- Get experience on curriculum development, teaching, and an array of digital tools
- Certificate upon successful completion of the fellowship
- Letter of Recommendation from the founders of PeaceX
- Candidates who are interested can fill the application form by clicking here.
- The interview shall be conducted for shortlisted candidates
- The training sessions will be provided to the selected candidates.
Note: The Training session will be conducted by Teachers and Academicians with years of experience in the education sector. Workshops on Child psychology, Teaching methods, subject-specific discussions, etc. will be held during the fellowship and certificates will be given for the same.
Leave a Reply