The Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Hamirpur is organizing a National Online Workshop on Research Methodology & Data Analysis from December 19 to 23, 2020.
The workshop aims to explore the basic dimensions of research and the concomitant need for participants to rethink the assumptions that underlie historic paradigms of research. The workshop is designed to offer the participants a hands-on approach to conduct research. On completion of the workshop, participants are likely to have developed the skills to review the literature, develop hypotheses, frame research design, identify sampling techniques and comprehend the role and relevance of the tools for data collection analysis and report writing.
The five-day workshop will expose the participants to brief theoretical as well as practical inputs. The participants are expected to bring their research problem & data if they wish to work on a specific problem during the workshop and at the end, they will be able to analyze data independently.
- Conceptual Background of Research
- Review of Literature, Referencing in Writing using software
- Conceptualization of Variables and Measurement
- Research Problem: Qualitative and Quantitative Research
- Research Design, Identification of Research Topics, Hypothesis Formulation
- Tools & Techniques of Data Collection: Primary & Secondary, Data Collection Questionnaire Design & Testing
- Reliability and Validity of Measurement and Data
- Tabulation and Graphic presentation of data
- Univariate and Bivariate Techniques for Data Analysis
- Multiple Regression Analysis: Variables in Multiple Regression, Scale of Measurement
Who can Attend?
The PG Students, Ph.D. Scholars, Academicians, Practitioners, and Researchers from the related areas of Social Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Management, Medical Science, Engineering, and Science can attend the workshop if the content covered seems relevant.
The registration fee is Rs. 500 per person + Rs. 5 needs to be included in lieu of bank transaction charges. The fee has to be paid using SBI collect.
To register for the workshop, click here. The last date to register is December 10, 2020.
The Maximum intake for the National Workshop on Research Methodology and Data Analysis (RMDA 2020) is thirty (30) participants only which will be selected on a first-come-first-basis.