Applications are invited for the Online Short-term Internship/Training by CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB).
About the Programme
Due to increasing corona cases, CSIR-IGIB will be providing training only through online mode.
CSIR-IGIB provides opportunities for internship/training to students with good academic record as well as interest and aptitude in research. The Maximum duration of the internship/training can be upto one year.
- For duration up to 2 months Rs 10000 for general and Rs 5000 for SC/ST candidates.
- For duration >2 months up to 6 months: Rs 20000 for general and Rs 10000 for SC/ST candidates
- For duration >6 months up to 1 year: Rs 30000 for general and Rs 15000 for SC/ST candidates
- The fee has to be paid upfront as Demand Draft made out to Director, IGIB payable at Delhi on the day of joining the Institute. IAS/ KVPY/AcSIR fellows will be exempt from the above-mentioned fees.
How to Apply?
Students interested in training, may apply directly to the scientists (for scientist details please click on the following link SCIENTISTS of their choice by sending an email with the following documents as scanned attachments.
- Concise CV with educational details and marks obtained. Include prior research experience attained with duration and place.
- Scanned copy of a letter from the Head of the Institute stating you are a bonafide student and would be interning as part of the course requirements, if applicable.
Mention the Period of training in the email along with your specific interests and briefly explain why you would be interested in pursuing the internship in the particular lab you are applying to at CSIR-IGIB.
Selection of trainee depends upon the suitability of the candidate and requirement/lab space in the concerned lab in the institute.
Depending upon your request and vacancy during the session, individual scientists will respond to you. A formal acceptance e-mail will then follow from Human Resources Division, CSIR-IGIB regarding the formalities to be completed.
Email: [email protected]