An online self-sponsored short-term certificate course on “Analytical techniques to study from biomolecules to tissues (ATSBT-2021)” is going to be organized by the Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad (IIIT-Allahabad) from 2-4th July 2021.
Modern analytical biotechnology focuses on the development of various platform technologies that can provide advanced state-of-the-art tools for genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, and drug discovery.
It is dedicated to characterizing various cellular components (e.g. nucleotides, proteins, and small metabolites) and tissues for diagnosis and prognosis of any disease. Thus, this domain of science emphasizes technology development by promoting inter-disciplinary approaches. The purpose of this course is to discuss the fundamental principles and practical uses of major instrumental techniques in order to solve key problems in biology and medicine.
IIIT Allahabad is an Institute of national importance declared under the act of Parliament to provide Education and Research in various branches of Engineering, Technology & Management Studies.
- This UK-India collaborative certificate course will have 18 hours’ worth of lectures and interactive sessions.
- Participants will develop a deep understanding of various advanced analytical techniques.
- There will be virtual hands-on training on FACS and Microscopy.
- All participants will get a certificate on completion of the course.
- Introduction to biomolecules
- Various analytical techniques to study DNA-protein and protein-protein interactions
- Cell and tissue characterization by FACS and Microscopy
- A way towards automated quantitative estimation of various image parameters for biological images
- Machine learning and cheminformatics
- Numerical methods for modeling cell clusters
- Studying the lipid-rich cell envelope of the tubercle bacillus
- Hands-on training (virtual): FACS and Microscopy
Who can Attend?
Students pursuing B.Sc./ B.Tech./ M.Sc./ M.Tech. in any branch of Life Science and Chemistry and young teachers/ researchers from the allied area.
The registration fee for the workshop is INR 200. The registration fee can be paid to the following account details:
|Account Name||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad|
|Bank Name||State Bank of India|
|Branch Name||Jhalwa, Prayagraj|
To register for the online course, click here. The last date to register is July 1, 2021.