NTA is going to conduct December 2020 Cycle of UGC NET in May 2021. The dates of the UGC NET 2021 examination have been announced by the National Testing Agency (NTA) today.
Exam Pattern for December 2020 Cycle (May 2021) of UGC NET
The December 2020 Cycle (May 2021) of UGC NET will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode in multi shifts.
Pattern of Examination
The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of objective type, multiple choice questions. There will be no break between papers.
i) Each question carries 02 (two) marks.
ii) For each correct response, candidate will get 02 (two) marks.
iii) There is no negative marking for incorrect response.
iv) No marks will be given for questions un-answered/un-attempted/marked for Review.
(i) JRF: Not more than 31 years as on 1st day of the month in which the examination is concluded i.e. 01.03.2021
(ii) Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit in applying for UGC-NET for Assistant Professor.
General/Unreserved – Rs. 1000
Gen-EWS/ OBC-NCL – Rs. 500
Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribes (ST) / Person with Disability (PwD) – Rs. 250
Instructions for filling Online Application Form
- Log on to NTA website ugcnet.nta.nic.in and click on the “Apply Online” button under December 2020 Cycle (May 2021) of UGC NET.
- Follow the steps given below to Apply Online:
- Step-1: Register for Online Registration using your own Email ID and Mobile No. and note down system generated Application Number.
- Step-2: Complete the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application Number.
- Step-3: Upload legible scanned images of: (i) a recent photograph (in jpg/ jpeg file, size 10Kb – 200Kb) either in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against white background; (ii) candidate’s signature (file size: 4kb – 30kb);
- Step-4: Pay fee using the Payment Gateway(s) / Payment Modes of concerned Banks / Paytm integrated to the Online
- Application and keep proof of fee paid.
- All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate timings.