National Centre for Cell Science, Pune invites applications for admissions to the Ph.D. programme of the August-2021 session.
Students with post-graduate degrees, who do not have a fellowship but have qualified JGEEBILS examination conducted by NCBS/TIFR held on 08th December 2019 are eligible to apply. However, candidates who are shortlisted by NCCS criteria will only be called for an interview.
A limited number of fellowships will be provided by NCCS to the selected students, who do not have fellowship (from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/UGC/DST-Inspire/BINC) but have qualified JGEEBILS and are selected by NCCS. Submission of application to the NCCS-PhD programme does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for an interview.
Shortlisted candidates fulfilling NCCS criteria will have to appear for an online interview to be held at NCCS on 22nd, 23rd and 24th June 2021. Detailed eligibility conditions are given hereunder.
Should have Masters (postgraduate) degree in any branch of Sciences with interest in pursuing research in Modern Biology, having at least 55% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) (A relaxation of 5% of marks, shall be allowed for SC/ST/OBC and Persons With Disabilities) and with a valid fellowship from CSIR/UGC/ DBT/ICMR/ BINC, etc. OR DST-Inspire with NET-LS or GATE.
Students with post-graduate degrees, who do not have individual fellowship but have qualified JGEEBILS exam conducted by NCBS/TIFR on 08th December 2019 will be eligible to apply. Students will be shortlisted based on JGEEBILS results by NCCS criteria for interview. NCCS’s decision in this regard will be final. Please write your JGEEBILS December 2019 Reference Code on the top of the application form at the designated place.
How to Apply
1) Candidates who have qualified only for Lectureship in CSIR-UGC (NET) and the “Project List of ICMR” are not eligible.
2) NCCS’s Ph.D. programme is a residential programme. The selected candidates may have to stay on campus.
3) All the eligible complete applications received within the last date will be screened and shortlisted candidates will be called for interview as per the schedule given.
4) Other terms and conditions of the fellowship will be directed by the funding agency awarding the fellowship. The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years which is relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/PWD and 3 years in case of OBC candidates, or as applicable.
5) Fellowship will be activated as per the respective funding agencies’ guidelines on Direct Benefit Transfer basis. NCCS will not be responsible for providing.
6) Reservation will be as per Government of India guidelines.
7) SC/ST/OBC candidates should also attach a true copy of the Caste Certificate / Latest non-creamy layer certificate along with the application and originals that should be produced at the time of the interview.
8) Kindly mention “Application for Ph.D. — August 2021 Session” in the subject of the e-mail.
9) The complete application form (download from NCCS website) along with the copies of the M.Sc. marks statement and Fellowship certificate/admit card should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] (One PDF file containing application in the prescribed format along with certificates) on or before 21st May 2021.
- In case of any queries, candidates should e-mail at [email protected]. Phone inquiries will not be entertained.
Online interviews will be held at NCCS, Pune of all shortlisted candidates as per the selection criteria set by NCCS. Details of the interview process will be published on the NCCS website along with the list of shortlisted candidates on 07th June. 2021.
Schedule for Ph.D. Programme Admissions August-2021
|Last date of receipt of application at NCCS with all required documents.||21st May 2021|
|Publication of list of shortlisted candidates called for Interview at NCCS.||07th June 2021|
|Date(s) & Time of interview.||22nd, 23rd and 24th June 2021 from 9.00 onwards|
|Declaration of Result of the interview.||28th June 2021|
|Submission of Guide selection form.||05th July 2021|
|Expected date of joining at NCCS||02nd August 2021|
Selected Candidates have to fulfill SPPU, Pune criteria for Ph.D. admission.