Applications are invited for the Max Planck Summer Internship Program 2021.
About the Internship
The Summer Internship Program provides the opportunity for highly motivated undergraduate students to join one of the labs at the Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology and the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry. The program will allow you to become familiar with different scientific approaches and laboratory methods.
The aim of our internship program is to provide excellent students with a broad range of research experiences and knowledge to promote them early on in their career.
Research projects will be offered in fields ranging from structural, computational, developmental and cellular biology to molecular biology, biophysics and neurobiology.
Who can Apply?
- They invite excellent and enthusiastic students with top grades from all countries to apply.
- Training should be in Biology, Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Biophysics, Neuroscience and related fields.
- The program intends to promote students early on in their career.
- They welcome applications from bachelor (second year and onwards) and master students that have already gained some research experience during their studies.
- Applicants need to be enrolled at university during the internship or have completed their degree in 2021.
Funding and Accommodation
This is a fully-funded internship program. Successful applicants will benefit from the following:
- Free student accommodation
- A stipend of approximately 800 Euro per month
- Reimbursement of travel costs to and from Martinsried, near Munich
Length and Timing of Internship
The internship is a full-time immersion for up to ten weeks. It takes place between mid-June to end-September. Within this framework, the starting date and duration of the internship
is determined by mutual agreement between the host lab and the student.
- The program committee will evaluate and select students based on their grades, research experience, CV, letter of motivation and letter of reference. The committee aims to announce their decisions to the applicants by the end of March 2021.
- The number of internships is limited. Host labs will interview pre-selected students interested in working in their labs via Skype, Zoom or other means.
How to Apply?
- The application platform is open between January 1st and February 15th, 2021 (24:00 CET).
- Registration closes on February 12th. After registration, you will be able to log in and to upload your application files at the application platform.