Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Internship Opportunity at TDP, Member of Parliament.
This unique opportunity primarily involves assisting the MP in their legislative work associated with the Parliament, which includes
- Legislative Research
- Data Analysis
- Submitting Parliamentary Questions
- Framing speeches for parliamentary interventions
- Drafting Private Member Bills
- Constituency related work
- Preparing editorials and news snippets for publication
Legislative intern will have to perform research on various subjects related to science, economics, law etc. In addition they will be mentored by a Member of Parliament (MP) during the course of the internship. Also they will gain first-hand experience about working at the confluence of politics and policy.
Eligibility and Selection
MP’s seek to engage with pro-active individuals having passion to work in the field of policy making:
- Individuals must be between the ages of 18 and 25 years.
- Working for 8-12 weeks as an intern is mandatory. (15-20 hours per WEEK)
- Can work both in online and offline mode.
Why should an individual apply?
- Comprehensive development of research abilities.
- Gives broad understanding of various subject domains.
- Letters of Recommendation along with guidance from MP’s for future course of action.
- Experiential learning in the field of policy making.
- Provides an edge over other candidates during interviews and other selection process.
- Fully paid trip to Delhi during the Monsoon session of Parliament (Subject to Government restrictions).
- Apart from these it paves way for myriad of openings and job opportunities in the politico-policy space. Interns are encouraged to make maximum use of this opportunity.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
- Candidates will be short listed after evaluating the answers. These individuals will be called for an interview before the final selection.