Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity 2021 at Ministry of Women and Child Development.
About the Internship
Ministry of Woman and Child Development (MWCD) is inviting nomination from students undergoing Graduation/Post Graduation Courses in different academic Institutions/Universities under ‘Internship Programmes of the Ministry by offering short-term orientation.
The students/scholars enrolled in different Universities/Academic Institution willing to undertake pilot projects/micro-studies focusing on the ongoing activities of the Ministry may forward their nomination through the Head of the institution to this Ministry. The Ministry provides a qualitative exposure to students to its mandate and also have specific programmes and policy analysis at the hands of the target group to make them proactive to raise the issue of women and children on various platforms in future.
- For short-term (one month) Internship, students who are doing their undergraduate courses in any subject.
- The Internship of 2 months is open for those candidates who have completed their graduations in any discipline/subject.
- For long-term Internship of 6 months’ duration, currently enrolled PG students and those who have completed their PG degrees from any discipline would be eligible to apply.Ministry may also consider candidates of experience and PG/Ph.D degree holders for this long-term internship.
- Candidates who already have completed any of the Internship Programme of MWCD will not be eligible.
The internship programme would have following types of durations and activities to be undertaken:
(A) Short term internship of one month duration:
- Participation in planning and research related activities at elementary level for exposure to the schemes and programmes of the Ministry.
- Developing vision and mission for betterment of women and children; critical appraisal of schemes/ programmes of the Ministry and outside the Ministry emerging in the current scenario for improving lot of women and children in the country.
- Compilation/collation of data/information on various schemes of the Ministry and policy relevant statistics.
- Visit to field projects.
- Any other activities that may be necessary in the interest of the Ministry and Interns.
(B) Internship for 2 months duration:
- Participation in planning and research related activities. Students are expected to undertake short duration pilot studies/surveys besides undertaking evaluation of MWCD schemes on the issues identified and justified by them or issues listed by the Ministry form its areas of interest/work.
- To provide inputs for policy formulation/scheme implementation through empirical research work with the Ministry to supplement the process of policy formulation, implementation of scheme and other initiatives related to women and children.
- Participation in-country Seminars/Work or interaction at any such platforms that MWCD may find relevant for young students/scholars for exposure in the field of gender issues and children.
(C) Internship for 6 months duration:
The Activities for Interns during this period will be as provided under point (B) above.
|DURING SUMMER BREAK|
|DURING WINTER BREAK|
|B. LongTerm Internship Programme (6 months)|
How to Apply?
- STEP 1: Register through the Login portal.
- STEP 2: After successful registration, go to LOGIN at the top right of the webpage.
- STEP 3: Use the email address and password used at the time of registration for logging in
- STEP 4: Candidates are required to upload latest passport size photograph by updating profile
- STEP 5: Fill the application form
- STEP 6: Take the print out of duly filled form for recommendation of Head of your Academy/Department/Institution.
- STEP 7: Upload the duly signed recommended form on the portal for final submission
- Those enrolled for internship, the Ministry would award a certificate to an Intern on successful completion of his/her internship on terms such as submission/presentation of papers/reports of the work done assigned by the Ministry to an Intern.
- Interns who are selected for short-term Internship Ministry in future may consider paying the interns a lump sum monthly stipend of Rs.5,000/-, as incentive. Interns proceeding on tour, as part of the internship would be reimbursed Travel cost (By deluxe/ AC bus / 2nd AC train journey) and DA as per GOI rates.
- Interns who are selected for long-term Internship would receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 10,000/- and reimbursement of Travel cost (By deluxe/ AC bus / 2nd AC train journey) and DA as per GOI rates.
- Interns would be provided necessary logistics such as sitting arrangement, internet facility and stationery items etc.