Applications are invited for Ideosync-UNESCO Information Fellowship 2021 (IUIF). The last date of application is 15 October 2021.
About Ideosync-UNESCO Information Fellowship
Ideosync- UNESCO Information Fellowship (IUIF) 2021 is South Asia’s First communication for social change and media rights fellowship. This social change fellowship has been designed to take young Indians through an intense leadership journey that sets them on a path to understand Communication and Media from the perspective of human rights and Intersectional Feminism.
Ideosync Media combines works towards integrating innovative communication methodologies into development and social change programs and initiatives. It aims to equip communities and NGO with an understanding of communication techniques and technologies.
- An Indian citizen or a Person of Indian Origin (PIO).
- Completed a bachelor’s degree or a diploma in any field of study.
- Is willing to give the fellowship program 4 months full-time commitment.
- Can understand, speak, read and write English.
- Full-time access to a laptop and smartphone with 4G support. Full-time access to 4G internet or WiFi
- Is below 30 years of age as of 1st October 2021.
We are looking for potential Communication leaders. We believe that these leaders should exhibit certain values which are at the heart of a leadership journey. The fellows are expected to live by these values.
- Authenticity: Be true to oneself and others without fear and have congruence between thought and action.
- Openness to Learning: Committed to learn and also help others learn.
- Humility: Patience, and a humble approach to work combined with good humor.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Ability to be flexible and adaptable when facing difficult situations.
- Respect for Diversity: A keen interest to listen, learn, reflect and contribute to the journeys of peers belonging to diverse backgrounds.
- Commitment to Social Change: Committed to explore ways in which one’s own personal role can bring social transformation.
- Perseverance: Persistence in doing something that you believe in, despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.
- Strong belief in Freedom of Speech: Belief that Freedom of Speech and free media are important pillars of democracy.
- Commitment towards strengthening democratic values.
- Willingness to unpack hierarchies and power structures in the larger political and economic frameworks that fuel and sustain marginalization.
- A desire to acquire the requisite media skills and build on scholarship through immersive engagement with communities and practitioners.
- A willingness to explore complexities and unpack truths in order to find unique & useful ways of using communication to contribute to knowledge equity and people’s rights to media technologies
Duration & Amount
Four month full-time engagement with a commitment to produce audio/video/written Fellowship deliverables. Fellows will propose projects, of which a few will be selected for execution and support with a stipend of Rs. 50, 000.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.