Government Institute of Forensic Science, Aurangabad (GIFSA) has started accepting applications for various courses for the upcoming academic year (2020-2021) .
The Institute offers four full time academic programs. All the programs are approved and affiliated to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad. The courses are as follows:
• B.Sc. Forensic Science (three years program)
• M.Sc. Forensic Science (two years program)
• PG Diploma in Forensic Science and related Laws (one year program)
• PG Diploma in Digital and Cyber Forensics and related Laws (one year program)
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND SEATS
For PG Diploma courses, there are 40 seats each. Duration of both the diploma courses is 1 year.
- Admission to B.Sc. Forensic Science is based on merit and reservation. Aggregate percentage of 12th will be considered for admission.
- Similarly, admission to M.Sc and PG Diploma programs is based on merit and reservation. Aggregate percentage of Bachelor degree will be considered for admission.
- The application process for admission to various courses is online. Click on this link to start registration.
- Registration cum application fees for general category is Rs. 200 while for other categories is Rs.150.
- Payment can be made using either of the options:
o Debit Card
o Net Banking
o Mobile payments
o Wallet (Freecharge, JioMoney, MobiKwick, Buddy)
- The duly filled application form has to be submitted online. Once the application form is
submitted successfully, download the application form and bring the hard copy at the time of admission along with original copies of each of the relevant documents.
B.Sc. Forensic Science – Rs. 1904/-
M.Sc. Forensic Science – Rs. 2200/
PG Diploma – Rs. 2200/-
Waiver in fees is available for ST/SC candidates as per the norms of Govt. of Maharashtra.
Visit the official website for more information.