Applications are invited for the British Council Future Leaders Connect Program 2021.
About the Program
Future Leaders Connect is a pioneering policy and leadership programme for exceptional individuals from around the world, who are aged between 25 and 35.
They are building a global network of emerging policy leaders connected over the long term to realise substantial change on today’s global challenges. With 150 members so far and tens of thousands of people involved in our online community, Future Leaders Connect is bringing people together to lead change through policymaking.
By taking part in a six-week policy and leadership development programme, designed by UK experts, based on the needs of young, global policy leaders, members have a unique opportunity to further their skills and access international networks and ultimately make a difference through policy-making.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply you must meet the following criteria; (otherwise your application cannot be accepted)
- Living in one of our participating countries (Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Ukraine, UK (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales)
- Aged between 25 and 35 (at the start of the programme)
- Able to speak and understand English (no official qualification is required, but you must be able to speak English to IELTS level 7 or equivalent).
What are they looking for in potential members?
They are looking for exceptional individuals with the ideas, energy and commitment to work collaboratively with all members of Future Leaders Connect and senior leaders. The programme aims to be representative of the countries in which it operates, and we encourage applications from all sections of society.
- You should be able to explain how you want to make change in your country and beyond through policymaking
- You should have a good knowledge about policy and how policymaking happens in your country
- You should be willing to engage with the British Council and the Future Leaders Connect network in the long-term
- You are likely to be in your early to mid-career and already have examples of when you have demonstrated leadership ability
- You should have strong networks and be committed to supporting the development of the country you are living in through policy change.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the program through this link.