The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar invites applications for the Summer Research Internship Program 2021.
The flagship program strives to bring together students and faculty from prominent institutions across the country right here on our campus. It will allow visitors to participate in ongoing research projects, undergo mentorship by IITGN faculty, and develop close partnerships and collaborations between respective institutions.
Modes of Internship
Owing to the pandemic situation, SRIP 2021 will be conducted in both offline and online modes:
- Online mode: In this mode, students selected for a particular project are expected to work online. This mode is open for the students of IITGN as well as other academic institutes. The summer interns will not be paid any stipend for online projects; they will be provided with a certificate after successful completion of the internship.
- In-person/ offline mode: In this mode, the students are expected to work on the project in-person and interact with the faculty mentor on a regular basis while staying on campus. This mode is open to IITGN students only. The interns will be entitled to receive a stipend and a certificate on successful completion of the internship.
- A weekly stipend of Rs. 2000 during the internship. The stipend for faculty-funded projects, however, may vary.
- Hostel accommodation will be provided to the summer interns (for in-person mode) and students are required to pay the applicable hostel charges.
At least 8 weeks within the summer break of IITGN.
- Students pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree at a prominent institution in India.
- Applicants are required to work with an IITGN faculty. Applicants are advised to review the list of participating faculty along with the description of projects being offered.
- Applicants may apply for internships based on their interests and prior experience. They are free to apply for projects outside of their declared degree specializations.
- Applicants will be required to make a presentation to the institute and submit a report at the end of the tenure.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is April 26, 2021.