Applications are invited for India Fellow Social Leadership Program 2022.
India Fellow is an 18-month leadership program for young professionals from various walks of life, willing to work with communities and find their leadership potential to make a difference. It is an experiential journey to immerse in the social realities of our country and being our best version to build a better future.
India Fellow has the following four major aspects:
- Working with Communities: India Fellows spend most of their time (16.5 months) working at grassroots with leading social organizations committed to bring positive change. This can be anywhere across the country. The fellow is expected to live in their work area, typically a rural or a peri-urban setup, and understand the complexities at that level.
- Training: India Fellow has 45 days of residential training, spread across the duration of 18 months. This is divided into 3 parts of 15 days each at the start, middle and end of the journey. The India Fellow pedagogy is unique; it engages a strong collective of various leaders, academicians, social scientists and practitioners.
- Constant engagement: Throughout the duration, fellows document their observations, experiences and insights; engage in intense blended learning modules, group online courses for certification and fundraising to build a holistic understanding of the development and gain crucial skill sets.
- Mentor-ship: Every fellow is exposed to a pool of mentors, who are experts with deep experience in their domain. Along with that, the fellowship ecosystem consists of facilitators, alumni and experienced professionals who are available to interact with the fellows to enrich their experience.
- Indian citizen between 20 to 30 years of age
- A graduate (in any discipline) or will be by Jan 2023
- Ready for an 18-month full-time commitment to the fellowship
- Commitment to engage 24*7 with the community
- Ready to be placed in any part of the country and in any thematic area
Rs. 18,000 in rural areas and Rs. 22,000 in metro cities.
- Fill the online application form
- Participate in a short telephonic conversation with an alumni
- Respond to a situation judgement test
- Attend the assessment day (group activities and personal interview)
- Get matched to a suitable host role
- The final cohort will be announced by March 2023. Fellowship begins in April, 2023.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.